FOOSA HALF-DAY PROGRAM APPLICATION PAGE
We are delighted that you would like to join our FOOSA Half-Day Program this summer! After trying a number of approaches to the application format, we now realize that a personalized approach will work best.
So, what we need from you is just the application form below, an audition video, and the application fee. If you are accepted into this summer's program, you will be following the due dates listed on our FEES page. If you will need tuition assistance, please download our TUITION ASSISTANCE FORM. You will be required to submit tax documents.
Here are your instructions for applying to the FOOSA HALF-DAY PROGRAM FOR SUMMER 2017.
1. Use the Buy Now button to submit your $75 application fee ($50 before April 1, 2017). You may choose to pay by check to avoid the 3% processing fee. Bring your check to a Sunday YOOF rehearsal and deposit it in the box. Be sure to let us know you are doing that!
2. Record a video in which you perform two contrasting pieces or movements (one lyrical, one more technical). If you have only one piece prepared, just record that one. No professional videography is required. A video recorded with a smartphone or computer will be good enough. If you prefer, you may email a video file to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd like to see some examples of self-recorded but excellent auditions, check out these winning YouTube Symphony auditions: CLICK HERE TO VIEW SAMPLE AUDITION VIDEOS.
3. Upload your video to YouTube. It's easy and free. If you need step-by-step instructions, you can click here for a video version, or click here for a regular print version. Note that the video version does not mention that you will want to select the "unlisted" option when saving your videos to YouTube. PLEASE DO THIS! SELECT "UNLISTED" WHEN SAVING YOUR VIDEO. You can then easily send us links, but your videos will not be public.
4. Fill out the form below. Remember that this form is only for those applying for the FOOSA Half-Day Program. Thank you!
Note that tuition assistance is available but limited. Apply early to take fullest advantage of these awards. April 15 is the priority deadline for all scholarship/tuition assistance requests.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM. PAYING THE FEE DOES NOT COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION. FILL OUT THE FORM AND SUBMIT! THANK YOU! REMEMBER THAT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION TO THIS PROGRAM, APPLICANTS MUST:
- COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM
- PAY APPLICATION FEE
- SUBMIT AUDITION VIDEO
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
WHEN PAYING ONLINE, PLEASE BE SURE TO ENTER APPLICANT'S NAME IN THE BLANK BELOW SO WE CAN CREDIT PAYMENT CORRECTLY.
It is all right to skip over the payment button. You may submit your application form first, then come back later to make a fee payment (or you may send payment by check). Please remember, though, that your application cannot be considered until we have received the application fee and audition video(s).
Here's the $75 non-refundable application fee—use this PayPal button to pay by credit card.